"You'll miss the best things if you keep your eyes shut!" ~ Dr. Seuss

Friday, May 29, 2015

TGIDDOAHAETWBISHRTPAWTD

 
It's Friday. For most people, that means something, but when one works for one's self and has a bit of a backlog to contend with, it's really just another day of the week. The only difference between today and every other day (save Sundays, since we go to church then) is that on Fridays, I have a huge event to look forward to: loading my weekly Kroger freebie. Seriously, folks, this is how relatively uneventful my life is.

http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/sanforrd_FAM_3185.jpg 
I am feeling a bit better physically, which is a good thing, as earlier this week, I was sure it was about time to pull a Fred Sanford and start crying out, "This is the big one!" My heart was doing weird aerobics every five minutes, and for days it felt like the entire original cast of that Heavyweights movie was river-dancing in my frontal lobe. Not fun at all. I was sure I was dying of a conglomeration of diseases, but I am still here. I started taking herbs (of course) this week to help out, including a multivitamin (which we all need in our forties) and also some dulse, to help with thyroid balance. I've even been using the Be Courageous and Be Response-able homeopathics to take a bit of the edge off my stress. I don't know if the herbs helped or if I just had some weird virus that gave me palpitations and migraines, but either way, I feel better today than I did a couple days ago, and I can focus on editing my manuscripts instead of double-checking my Last Will and Testament - not that I have much to leave to anyone anyway, but I've gotta make sure Cissy inherits the sock monkeys, Survivor buff, autograph collection, Corolla, and all my knee socks and cheap costume jewelry and that the right people inherit Cissy. Nothing like a little skipped heartbeats to encourage one to tie up some loose ends.

 
On this most insignificant weekday, now that I'm done with the hugely exciting digital coupon download, I am focusing on two things that tend to hold my brain hostage most of the waking (and sleeping) hours: work and worry. I am worried about work and working to try to stave off the things I'm worried about, mostly those dead presidents I desperately need in my pocket but do not have. It's almost rent/bill week, and I am completely dependent on God's timing yet again. So is the life of a gig-to-gig freelancer, but at least it keeps my prayer life in order and keeps me humble. Speaking of humility, nothing like your agneistic friend from across the pond preaching at you, telling you, the Christian one, to keep the faith because Somebody up there has my back. Thanks for that, my friend. You know who you are, and I appreciate your reminder, especially considering that I'm the one who's supposed to be preaching! I'm scared, but I don't have to be paralyzed. I'm frustrated, but I don't have to give up. And, best of all, I'm not in it alone. That one verse says "Your Father knows that you have need of these things," and I have to hang on to that and trust that He also knows all about the due dates. In the meantime, it's my job to do my job, and that's what I'm doing and to heed my Brit buddy's (and Bon Jovi's) wise advice and keep the faith.

So, in the grand scheme of things, I suppose I can still TGIF - or at least TGIDDOAHAETWBISHRTPAWTD (Thank God I didn't die of a heart attack earlier this week, because I still have rent to pay and work to do.)

2 comments:

  1. Great anagram, but i think it might take a while to catch on with the FB crowd ... but still really relevant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it is a little ambiguous...somewhat on purpose. I tend to think in vague rather than en vogue. :D

      Delete